MacCMS is designed to digitally manage the office where musical instruments are temporarily signed out. Originally written for McMaster University, in Hamilton, Ontario.
The McMaster University Cage Management System is an organizational web application encompassing all aspects of the musical instrument cage. In addition to making the life of the cage manager simpler and more efficient, the system (if allowed to be publically accessed) allows students to manage their withdrawals and contracts at home.
Given that the job of an "instrument manager" involves simultaneously dealing with unique inventory (model and serial numbers), and lending of physical assets exceeding many thousands of dollars, redundancy and repetition of information is a given, which breeds inefficiency and mistakes. MacCMS attempts to deal with this problem by centralising all information in a singular database, and eliminating as much redundancy as possible.
Code is hosted entirely on Launchpad - feel free to grab a copy and start hacking away!
- Accessories module fully modularised (/modules/accessories)
- Lockers module fully modularised (/modules/accessories)
- #542105 header.php files need updated first_run checks (also, not branding-independent)
- #548495 Instrument can't be returned because there's an extra * in the name
- #541687 List of expirING contracts also includes expirED contracts
- #543718 Save & Close Year does not work
- #537036 list_users does not use table class "generic"
- #543915 Branding is still mac-centric in student pages
- #544647 No easy way to see user's email address from contracts.php
- #543865 backup_database and 'Save and Close' .tar.gz the dump, when they should not