Maarch ist is designed as an IDARS product (Integrated Document Archiving and Retrieval System), but without the heaviness of the big ECM products.
Maarch is ideal for those who are only interested by storing and exploiting image documents, in compliance with Record Management regulations (Sarbanes-Oaxley, ISO-15489). We think that the Open Source philosophy is very well assorted with long term conservation needs.
Maarch is compatible with all relational SQL databases, and is mostly written in PHP 5. Utility modules are written in Visual Basic.
Maarch comes with two business applications: Maarch LetterBox for mail management and Maarch PeopleBox for HR document management.
Here are some key features of "Maarch LetterBox":
A robust and archive-oriented architecture:
· An SQL archive-oriented schema (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and SQL compatible). Click here for a synthetic vision of the data model and elements of conformity
· A set of PHP 5 scripts gathered into objects constituting the main interface of consultation and manual indexing, as well as administration functions
· A mass import, robust and powerful to massively ingest documents (COLD applications) : Maarch AutoImport
· An original interface for scanning with the small production scanner Fujitsu ScanSnap! , allowing to make digitalization arranges some by repatriating the images in exchange by Internet
· A utility of export of the file on CD or DVD normalized AFNOR NF Z42-013, completely autonomous.
A framework and a set of business applications:
· The open source core and its functionalities make it possible to assemble a professional DMS.
· For big organisations, business application come on top of Maarch in order to meet more specific needs.
There is now several vertical applications running on Maarch framework:
· Post-mail management, SOX-like,
· HR document management,
· Validation workflow,
· Archivistic management.
· Consult the Products section to see how Maarch is used to build operational and efficient business apps !
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· This version is aimed at improving usability of this application (automation of result lists management, mailing lists are not linked with organization units anymore, better usability in Detail pages, and improved notification management).
· It also introduces new major features (service desk management, Basket types, a custom personal classification scheme for users, users can send mail from within LetterBox, a personal contact list, and email capture).
· Work has been done to make it compatible with PHP 5.3.