KnowledgeTree is a feature-rich document management system featuring knowledge management.
KnowledgeTree is a feature-rich document management system featuring knowledge management, document version control, hierarchical document management, support for common file formats (MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, TXT, HTML), extensible meta data, creation of custom document types, application managed document links that guarantees consistent data and eliminates emailing documents, easy publication of documents, subscription agents, archiving according to expiry date, expiry time period, or utilisation for enhanced speed, and much more.
KnowledgeTree is free software released under the GPL license.
Here are some key features of "KnowledgeTree":
- Fully web-based
- Includes document version control
- Search within common file formats (MS Word, MS Excel, PDF, TXT, HTML)
- Entry and search of user-defined metadata fields
- Subscription agents provide notification of changes to documents or to document directories
- Archives by expiry date, expiry time period, or by document usage, ensures fast searching
- Document-specific discussion forums
- Configurable browsing of information in the repository by folder, by category, or by document type
- Customizable dashboard allows you to view subscriptions, pending documents, checked-out documents, and quick links
- Displays configurable metadata when browsing
- Supports bulk uploads of multiple files to a folder
- Translations available for most of the user interface
- This is a maintenance release that contains no new features.
- This release focuses on improving and stabilizing the upgrade process, and on resolving a few security related issues.
- A number of bugs have been fixed, including issues with document alert email links and metadata versioning.