Know Base project consists of knowledge, document, and project management tool.
Know Base is a Web-based knowledge management system. It allows users to share files and projects across multiple business divisions.
A unique notification system alerts users when projects are modified, or when new projects are added that match their search terms.
1) Copy all the files into a web directory.
$> cp -r knowbase_fullrelease_2004_v1.0 /somewebdirectory/knowbase
2) Create a directory outside the web root. This directory should be readable and writable by the web server user.
3) Set the $INSTALLDIRECTORY variable in config.inc.php
4) Create a mysql database and user to access the database.
5) Open a web browser and go to the URL where you copied the knowbase code.
6) Fill out the Installation Form.
7) After installation, remove the install directory in you web directory.
What's New in This Release:
· All proprietary code was removed.
· The project is now released as open source.