Jreepad allows you to store and edit all your little nuggets of text in an incredibly intuitive tree structure.
What's more, it's open-source and programmed in Java, so that all may benefit from it!
Here are some key features of "Jreepad":
· A Jreepad file consists of a nice simple tree structure, and each "node" has an associated "article" - this can be plain text, HTML or tabular data.
· Nodes can be rearranged very intuitively with drag-and-drop functionality (or by keyboard), so it's easy to arrange your thoughts.
· There's a very powerful and intuitive search facility to locate a piece of text in a subtree
· Hyperlink support: select a link and you can follow it - whether it's HTTP, FTP, mailto:, "node://" (as used in Treepad), or even WikiStyleLinks!
· Integrated Google search
· Load/save Treepad (.HJT) files, compatible with Treepad Lite (so you can share files with Windows users)
· ...and much more, of course.
What's New in This Release:
· JTextile formatting, for a convenient and elegant wiki-like formatting of text.
· Infinite undo/redo of changes to text in nodes.
· Document icons and file associations (under Mac OS X) for added convenience.
· Improved keyboard shortcuts.
· A handful of bugfixes.