JeromeDL provides a digital library engine for the Semantic Web.
JeromeDL is a digital library system based on the J2EE platform and the Semantic Web technologies.
As a digital library, it allows institutions to easily publish documents on the Web. It supports a variety of document formats and allows to store and query a rich bibliographic description of each document.
To find relevant documents in JeromeDL users can use searching and browsing features. Whole documents content can be searched through, as well as single fields of the documents description, like author or publish year. Users can also find documents by browsing content of subject categories and keywords
With JeromeDL's social and semantic services every library user can bookmark interesting books, articles or other materials in semantically annotated directories. Users can allow others to see their bookmarks and annotations and share their knowledge within a social network. JeromeDL can also treat a single library resource as a blog post. Users can comment the content of the resource and reply to others' comments and this way create new knowledge.
Here are some key features of "JeromeDL":
· support the legacy of classic libraries (e.g., antique books).
· provide user-oriented browsing features,
· allow efficient searching,
· cover security and accounting constraints,
· support multiple formats of resources,
· enable communication with other digital library systems
· utilize results of latest results in Semantic Web and communication and information management research.