Goat is a tournament organiser assistant.
Experience has shown that players need reminders to play their games, give results etc: basically, they need babysitting all along. As soon as the number of players grows, it becomes unpractical to manage this by hand. This is where Goat comes in: after pairing the players, the tournament admin will enter the pairing data into Goat, and Goat will take over all the remaining business.
Goat currently operates entirely in French, however all its source code is in English and I hope to make it easy to add languages. I currently plan to do that after the program has been tested in real life though. If you are interested in getting multi-language support quicker, drop me a line and I'll be happy to add it (or help you add it).
What's New in This Release:
· This is a massive rewrite.
· Data is now stored in a smarter format that allows you to save all rounds in one file.
· Data is no longer stored in Ssf, but using Data::Dumper (experiments with XML proved to be unusable).
· The code has been reorganised into modules.
· Helper programs have been added to register a list of players from an address book, export the status of games in HTML, and create new rounds from a Gotha pairing file.