DokuWiki is an open source to use Wiki aimed at a small company's documentation needs. It does not need a database, because it works with plain texts files.
DokuWiki project has a simple, yet powerful Syntax that assures that the data files will stay readable outside the Wiki system.
Here are some key features of "DokuWiki":
· works on plain text files, no database needed
· simple syntax and easy editing with quickbuttons and accesskeys
· Section Editing allows you to edit small parts of a page
· automatic generation of content tables
· unlimited page revisions
· colored side by side diff support
· support for read only pages
· syndication of recent changes as RSS Feed
· namespaces divides content into directory-like sections
· control user access to pages or namespaces with acl
· Interwiki Links
· uploading and embedding images
· image caching and resizing
· easy navigation through breadcrumbs
· Customizing with templates and plugins
· Multilanguage Support
· Spam blacklist
· custom text replacements
· locking to avoid edit conflicts
· full UTF-8 support
· and more
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A new default dokuwiki template is distributed with this release. This new template is HTML5 compliant and comes with sidebar and mobile support. The old template is still available with this release, but will be deprecated. :!: The new template is activated by default. Special thanks to Clarence Lee for the initial design.
· The TOC and the search results have been rewritten and improved. This impacts templates: :!: all templates need to be adjusted to work properly. See d5acc30d and 91b05b6b for details of the changes and what needs to be done in each template.
· Several fixes and enhancements have been made to the media manager
· RTL has been given some particular attention
· Several fixes of the subscription mechanism have been integrated
Setup & Administration:
· Multiple LDAP servers is now available
· Wiki farms is in the core of DokuWiki: all the farm code is grouped in a farm.php file which can be included through the preload.php to activate farming
· ACL now support a %GROUP% wildcard. This works like the %USER% wildcard, but for groups. :!: %USER% and %GROUP% cannot be mixed on an ACL line
· Notification mail are now sent as HTML formatted mails. :!: This feature is enabled by default.
· Resending password has been reworked. :!: Now DokuWiki honors the autopasswd setting: passwords are resend if $conf['autopasswd'] is enabled. If $conf['autopasswd'] is disabled a token is send allowing password reset. Theses tokens are valid only during a limited time.
· XMLRPC settings in the config file are renamed: xmlrpc and xmlrpcuser become remote and remoteuser. :!: You *must* rename these settings in your local.php config file if you were using them.
· Added support for local style.inis
Integration & Development:
· Several fixes when using Active Directory as backend
· DokuWiki now uses PHPUnit as its test framework
· Sidebar inclusion is now provided in the new default template. (The Release Candidate included a tpl_sidebar() which was removed again to avoid conflicts with many popular templates.)
· The DOKU_TPL* constants are deprecating: :!: template authors are encouraged to integrate that change.
· More details about changes related to programmers.
· Over 20 language updates
· Over 60 issues were fixed