Document Archiver allows automatic archiving of documents.
The Document Archiver is a standalone Java application which should be scheduled to run nightly to facilitate the automatic archiving of documents in the KnowledgeTree DMS.
The programs checks if any documents are due to be archived, based on the Date or Utilisation criteria set in the web application (e.g. archive after 2 months, or archive 15 days after the last download).
· Java runtime environment.
- Untar the downloaded archive (.tgz or .zip depending on your chosen operating system)
- Edit the configuration file: etc/documentArchiver.properties and edit it for your environment by setting the database access properties:
- Edit the log4j output to suit yourself:
- The default is to output logging results to logs/example.log.yyyy-MM-dd-HH-mm as well as the console.
- For details on configuring log4j- http://jakarta.apache.org/log4
- Start the archiver using the following command:
$ java -jar DocumentIndexer.jar ./etc/documentArchiver.properties
What's New in This Release:
· Documents that are currently checked-out or in collaboration will be not be archived (until that status changes)