Diet Tracker is a set of Perl codes to help you keep track of your diet progress. Diet Tracker uses a MySQl database to store and display your weight variations and calorie intake as you progress in your diet.
This software was inspired by Jeremy Zawodny's Excel spreadsheet that does almost the same thing. I wanted a web version that was simple and meant for single user and not finding any, wrote one.
Here are some key features of "Diet Tracker":
· Web based
· Track calorie intake per day
· Graphs to track weight and intake history
· Moving average calculation to even out jitters
· Automatic BMI calculation
· Clean interface
Create a MySQL database
Initialise the database with the SQL schema in mysql.txt (included in the download file)
chmod 755 all .pl files
If your server is configured to execute .cgi files instead of .pl
rename all .pl files to .cgi
edit all files in tmpl/ directory to reference the new .cgi files intead of .pl
Edit config.pl file to suit your needs
· There is no inbuilt database admin interface. Use phpMyAdmin or mysqlman and edit config.pl to point to this admin interface URL. There is no user management (login, multiple users etc.). I personally hide my installation behind Apache's htaccess protection. The default HTML renders great in Firefox and Opera and looks pretty bad in IE 6.
What's New in This Release:
· A bug in the intake template with an incorrect CSS filename was fixed along with a wrong weight difference indicator for 0 weight difference.