Diamond Wiki provides a wiki based on metadata and faceted navigation.
This is an experimental wiki based on the idea of FacetedNavigation. What does that mean, you ask? At the bottom of each page you will see a list of attributes such as "Subject: Wiki" or "Author: Fred". These attributes are used to construct a dynamic directory of all the pages in DiamondWiki. To see the current directory just click on BrowseFacets.
Attributes are similar to tags, but with two key differences. First, attributes are grouped so that, for example, all the "Subject:" attributes are listed together. Second, attributes can be organized hierarchically, allowing users to drill down to see more and more detail. These differences make attributes much more scalable than simple tags. A website with 10,000 different attributes is perfectly reasonable, while a website with 10,000 different tags would be a cluttered mess.
In Diamond Wiki, anyone can change the attributes applied to a page simply by clicking the edit link at the bottom of the page.
Here are some key features of "Diamond Wiki":
· BrowseFacets: this is what makes Diamond Wiki different from other wikis
· MetaData: learn how to add meta data to pages on Diamond Wiki
· SandBox: feel free to change this page and experiment with editing
· GuestBook: let me know you were here!
· WhatsNew: see how the Diamond Wiki software has been changing
· FindPage: search or browse the database in various ways