DVD-Vault provides an achive software to manage DVD jukeboxes (SCSI medium changers).
DVD-Vault is an implementation of a filesystem archive that makes a DVD SCSI library with multiple pieces of DVD-R or DVD-RAM media look like a single large file system.
A library with 1000 pieces of 4.7Gbyte media can be addressed as a 4700GByte file system with SCSI-robotic mounting and unmounting of media as required.
Users of UniTree (HPSS), AMASS, METIOR, and MagnaVault may recognize how this program works.
It has been tested with an ASACA 250 and 1450 and the Sony/Kubota 64-slot PD (blu-ray) library.
What's New in This Release:
· Binary and source code have been broken apart into two different files.
· DMAPI code now "punches" holes in files, rather than truncating the files. This makes file sizes transparent, which is really helpful for Windows clients.
· disk_scrub has been implemented to reclaim optical disk space when files are deleted.
· The MCLIB routines have support for Qualstar tape libraries.
· Batch_migration is in the binary RPM to support WORM media (BD-R, DVD+R).
· Tape stage support is in the stage program
· Purge is replaced with purgefile to support the new DMAPI code.