Contacts is a stand-alone address book application for the ROX Desktop.
You can use Contacts to view and create vCard business cards. Contacts creates a vCard for every contact and stores it in a central directory in your home folder. A reasonable subset of rfc2426 has been implemented.
Here are some key features of "Contacts":
· There are two tabs, one for home, one for work related data.
Drag & Drop Loading
· You can load a vCard by dragging it onto Contacts.
· You can add a sound, photo or logo the same way. Contacts figures out by filetype which is which. Drag an image onto the "Home" tab if you want it to be added as a photo. To add a logo image, switch to the "Work" tab before dragging!
· Use the toolbar entry for searching contacts.
· Contacts saves the cards with extended attributes on Linux and Solaris, if supported by the filesystem:
· user.mime_type = text/directory
· user.creator = Contacts
· You can tell Contacts which card is your's: "Menu->My Card->This is my card"
· At any later time you can easily load your card by pressing "Alt-M" or from
· "Menu->My Card->Open my card"
· Contacts supports embedded public PGP keys.
· They can be exported from a vCard to a file, or directly imported into your keyring.
· The presence of NOTE, KEY, SOUND, PHOTO, LOGO, GEO/TZ properties is indicated by toolbar icon.
· Info about those properties is available through the icon tooltip. Click to edit!
· You add them in the first place via menu and short-cuts or drag'n drop, respectively.
· Nearing birthdays are indicated by the color of a birthday cake in the toolbar:
· Next birthday more than a week away
· Next birthday within seven days
· Next birthday tomorrow
· There is a birthday today
· When there is no birthdate recorded for any of your contacts, no cake is shown.