CharTr is an artistical application created just for the fun of programming. It's a fork of labyrinth 0.3. Inspiration sources are vym and vim. But apart from beeing artistic, it tries to give an answer to the problem of mind mapping, and aims to usability.
Quoting wikipedia :
A mind map is a diagram used to represent words, ideas, tasks, or other items linked to and arranged radially around a central key word or idea. It is used to generate, visualize, structure, and classify ideas, and as an aid in study, organization, problem solving, decision making, and writing.
Prerequisites are python, pygtk (user interface), cairo (rendering), gstreamer (audio notes), python-plastex (math equations), and numpy.
Here are some key features of "CharTr":
· basic mind map with curved links.
· folding of links.
· outline box of several selected nodes.
· audio/text/images embedded as notes.
· automatic saving.
· svg,png,pdf,ps export.
· numerous keyboard shortcuts (with an eased keyboard navigation, vim like).
· bookmarking of ideas
· search for a text in nodes
· math equations.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· vim like navigation (motion of nodes, insertion of nodes (o,i,a,O),centering of nodes)
· exporting of maps (pdf,ps,png,svg)
· adding of audio/text/image/latex equation/icon
· www links
· link between maps