Brim is an application suite that allows you to manage all your personal items online. No need to syncronize your bookmarks and favorites and contacts, you can now keep them well-secured online in one single place.
Additionally, Brim provides a calendar, a task manager, notes, a password manager etc. all behind a single logon.
Brim is an opensource Webbased Information Manager, formerly known as Booby, with support for bookmarks, calendar, contacts, notes, news, passwords and tasks and more.
Brim is written in PHP, has an underlying Model-View-Controller (MVC - Model II) framework based on items with a hierarchical relationship, has support for internationlization (i18n) with over 15 translations available, has multiple themes and is database independant. In short; a multi-thingy something.
Here are some key features of "Brim":
· Support for unlimited users
· Tested on IE5, IE6, Opera 7.5, Firefox 1.0, Netscape/Mozilla and more
· Plugin support (bookmarks, calendar events, news items, notes, tasks and a webtools plugin)
· Support for unlimited items per plugin
· Support for multiple languages:
· Support for multiple themes (check the demo site!)
· Support to publish items (public vs. private items)
What's New in This Release:
· Template rework (working towards version 2.0)
· Work on making templates fully HTML compliant (tx Ryan)
· Replaced dojo by jQuery
· Danish language update (tx to Rene Pedersen)
· Changed template texts from 'import, export, delete' and 'default' to 'importTxt, exportTxt, deleteTxt' and 'defaultTxt'
· MagpieRSS moved from ext to plugins/news/util directory