xscorch project is a a game about annihilating enemy tanks using overpowered guns.
Xscorch is a clone of the classic DOS game "Scorched Earth".
The basic goal is to annihilate enemy tanks using overpowered guns.
Players can purchase weapons and accessories to defend their tank, and they can attack enemy tanks by adjusting the angle of the tank's turret and the firing power.
Xscorch supports gameplay with humans and computer AIs, and network gameplay is in development.
What's New in This Release:
· Some moves/items are interpreted locally instead of sent through the network server like they should be. It contributes to desync.
· Graphics/Computers are fast - hangs and crashes have been reported.
· The wedge code sometimes draws straight ends instead of rounded ones.
· Leap Frogs fail to leap in Interleaved Mode, because the land is not cleared by one explosion before the next missile is animated...
· The man page is out of date enough to notice.
· Removed excessive assertion in seconomy-gtk.c (thanks Gunnar).
· Fix snet header file inclusion.
· Only sa_handler OR sa_sigaction in handler (cross compatibility).
· Repaired two bugs in sgame/soptions.c (fixes solaris compiles).
· License restricted to version 2 of the GPL.
· Easter Egg wars :)
· Fixed #warnings or changed them to /* TEMP */ for 0.2.0 release.