pouetChess is a 3D and open source chess game.
pouetChess is a chess game for Linux with very few and basic dependencies. Moreover pouetChess has an embedded Artificial Intelligence so engines such as GNUChess are not even needed.
... pouetChess was a game I wrote for a project at school (IUP GMI Avignon(french)).
I quickly realized there were very few chess games for Linux so I decided to continue it. Actually I think the juice is worth the squeeze and we will finally have a good and pretty chess game for Linux...
Unfortunately I wrote it completely in french so for now the source code is quite useless but I'm working on it and it's one of the things who have to be done for the next release. But don't worry, I already translated the interface and you can play in english.
What's New in This Release:
· New embedded AI Engine : FAILE by Adrien Regimbald (up to 2250 ELO)
· Chess rules now totaly respected (even little details)
· An option menu with a completely new GUI (sxmlGUI)
· A lot of new options
· Save configuration file in user's home directory (Linux only)
· The decor is now a skybox
· Multi-languages supported
· Source code is now completely in english
· Use Scons build system for build and install
· A lot of other little improvements