Widelands is a clone of Bluebyte's Settlers II.
Like in warcraft-like games, you are the despot of an empire and want to harvest resources and get soldiers to get more power.
Unlike those games, this is a strategic game, not a tactic one, and the main point is about economy instead of war.
Lumberjack get logs that you have to transform to planks in the sawmill, and so on. You could say that it's an economy simulation game. The world is something between middle age and roman empire.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Basic sea-faring functionality.
· Improvements to the Editor.
· Multiplayer scenarios (Fun maps).
· Support for dismantling buildings.
· Support to adjust the number of wares in a building.
· a new in-game help for many buildings. Work is ongoing.
· Improved in-game statistics.
· Improved rendering engine.
· new maps, sounds, music, graphics & animations.