Heroes 3: WoG recreated
Many months of intensive work resulted in creating application with impressive amount of features.
VCMI is an open-source project, if you want help us, please contact us using our board.
Building on Linux: http://wiki.vcmi.eu/index.php?title=Installation_on_Linux
- Support for HoMM 3 graphics and maps of any size
- Scennario selection menu
- Adventure map with all objects, sailing, casting spells
- Complete town interface, hero window, exchange screen, kingdom overview, thieves' guild
- Battles: handling most of spells, creature banks, sieges, stack queue, basic battle AI
- Various game mechanics: grail, combined artifacts, hero specialities, win and loss conditions and more
- High resolutions
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- This build features several important new features coming beyond H3 that we implemented. The first one is the new filesystem handler. It is now possible to deploy VCMI onto various types of installation (check the file config/filesystem.json to get a taste). Thanks to that, VCMI is now able to work with ERA as well as with WoG. All mods rely on the new filesystem, please check the New Main Menu graphics or HotA Creatures mods to see how are they organized.
- The second important novelty is a mechanism allowing adding new creatures into the game. It still should be treated as provisional one, although it seems to be fully functional. Please check the Warmonger’s mod that adds HotA creature into VCMI. We also moved even more hardcoded properties to the text config files, so it is possible to modify them with a mere text editor.