Turious is a turn-based strategy (TBS) game. There are 4 versions available for download:
* The original text-mode only version.
* A graphical (SDL) version, this has enhanced gameplay, more unit classes, full graphics and sound. This requires my TSDL library, which is available for download on this site.
* Binary installers for the graphical version, these include TSDL, and are available for both 32bit and 64bit Linux systems
* The latest development snapshot - usually unstable and/or incomplete.
Note: The .run installers from the download section must be executed as root!
Here are some key features of "Turious":
· 3 classes of soldier
· 3 classes of civilian
· 3 levels of difficulty (setable from the options menu)
· up to 5 ai enemies (setable from the options menu - although if you feel like editing the makefile.inc you can up this to however many you want)
· some basic in-game help
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· A minimap generator was added. Bugs in the makefile were fixed.
· Fog of war was added.
· Unit datatypes were redesigned.
· The units.xml file was added for unit types.
· A "custom connect" server menu was added.
· Building was made visible for build positioning.
· A server name was added to the server list.