Shredder Classic Linux is the favorable start in the Shredder chess world for Linux. You get the latest Shredder user interface and the Shredder Classic chess engine.
This chess engine has the same chess knowledge as Shredder 9 Linux and Deep Shredder 9 Linux, but its calculations are not as fast and efficient. Shredder Classic Linux runs on all x86 computers with Linux and Java 1.4 or higher installed.
Here are some key features of "Shredder Classic Linux":
· User interface that is easy to handle and can be set up individually
· Many different sets of pieces and chessboards
· Chess engine with extremely powerful play, that can be individually adjusted and configured
· Moves can easily be entered by mouse or keyboard
· Games can be provided with alternative lines and comments
· Free, open protocol between chess user interface and chess engine (UCI protocol)
· Several chess engines that differ in their playing style
· Java 1.4.2 or later
· 30 days evaluation