OpenFracas is a free, open-source game that is similar in style to Risk. On randomly generated and customizable maps, humans are pitted against other humans and AIs in an attempt to eliminate all other players or teams.
OpenFracas is dedicated to the continuation of the game Fracas.
To run from source:
The game is written in Ruby. To run the game, type `ruby ./Main.rb` from the top-level directory for the source.
OpenFracas requires ruby, ruby-gtk2, ruby-gnome2, ruby-glade2 >= 0.16 in order to run. Exact package names may vary depending on your distribution.
Here are some key features of "OpenFracas":
· Supports up to 6 players, Human or AI
· Random maps for endless challenges
· Vanquish your opponents by land or by sea
· Play as a free-for-all, or in teams
· Pants not required!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Crash when selecting a replacement capital.
· Crash (Segmentation fault) in Ubuntu 8.10 after generating a custom map.