Playing Hexwars you will be giving your orders simultaneously with every other player. Then all orders will be carried out simultaneously as well. So you can never know what will happen because the other players might react before you do something.
Hexwars is very easy to play but it requires strategic thinking and psychological talent to win.
Currently the game is written in C++ and uses Allegro for the graphical user interface. Once separated into client and server there will be at least two clients - one graphical and one for the command line interface.
The graphic is based on several bitmaps that can easily be customized.
Level files are simple text files containing a short file header and one number for every hexagonal field of the map.
- Added features:
- “make install” will install Hexwars
- you can now put customized files to ~/.hexwars and they will be included automatically
- HotSeat now indicates winner in PlayerSwitchMenu
- game crashes when report is cleared while no unit is selected
- winner can only be detected when reports are cleared
- Editor can be enabled/ disabled via makefile