FreeLords Tech Release 0.0.3
FreeLords is a turn-based strategy game in the style of the classical Warlords.
What's New in This Release:
Complete network handling
· A player chat was added and a lot of optimizations were done over the first version of the network code. Now things should be very fast over the network but there's still plenty more that can be done there. The cross network code interfaces were greatly simplified so the network stays out of the programmers way.
Isometric map engine
· The old freelords code had a great drawback about map generation. Tilesets were very difficult to draw because of the many transitional tiles that were to be done. Now thing are a lot easier and the tileset is done by six tiles and a few water transitions.
The User interface is growing
· Much eye-candy was added while the interface style is being worked on. The Interface now is defined by xml templates without us falling into the trap of putting code in xml.
A lot of work on the server engine
· Items Back-end was added but requires an interface. The quest back-end is being worked on and now it is 50% to be completed. The first simple AI was implemented. Right click menu to pick what unit to build from a castle was implemented. Many bugfixes and optimizations were done.
More JavaDoc of code base
· The JavaDoc of the code is worked on. A lot of classes now are documented.