Yamagi Quake II is an enhanced client for id Software's legendary Quake II. It focuses on single player game and cooperative game, not on classic multiplayer. If you're interested in deatmatch or capture the flag, try another client like R1Q2 or AprQ2. This client is based upon Icculus Quake II, but has a vast amount of improvements.
Hundreds of type errors were fixed, a lot of bugs in gameplay, some not working features were repaired and some map quirks added. Yamagi Quake II runs not only crash free - it's possible to play Quake II and both addons without even one failure - it's also possible to play without any limitations under AMD64 platforms and "real" 64-bit platforms like Sun Sparc64.
Icculus Quake II and id Software's client have some ugly bugs when running on other platforms than i386, like clipping problems or broken elevators. The main client and games are released under the terms of the GPL version 2, both addons are released under the terms of the Quake II SDK License.
· The original game (game data) or the demo version.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Add an options framework to allow disabling most option features (OGG/Vorbis, ZIP file loading, OpenAL, etc) at compile time.
· Integrate OpenAL support, enabling surround sound and better stereo sound calculations.
· Enforce the "C" locale to prevent libraries like broken LADSPA plugins to override it and break printf, scanf, etc.
· Migrate the project to Github. Please send bug reports and patches (better pull requests) to https://github.com/yquake2