Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Xonotic 0.8:
- We have three new maps for the “Capture The Flag” game mode. Catharsis, by Justin, is an indoor map with a central, violent focal point. Plus, it has crystals! Implosion, by MintOX, is a space floater with fantastic jump pads for a lot of midair fun. It also has a perilous lower infrastructure for you risky cappers out there. Vorix, by packer, is an open-air indoor arena with beautifully designed corridors. Watch out for its lava pits though!
- Archer has been hard at work making immersive sounds for the game. His latest track is called X-Force, which can be found on Implosion. Nice!
- Melanosuchus created a wonderful way to add variety to your server: a game type vote screen! This feature allows server administrators to allow their players to choose the game mode used in the next map. It is shown before the map vote screen.
- The menu system went through some major updates. It now sports a tiered server browser that categorizes the available servers so you can choose the right one for you. Player statistics are also integrated. Accessible via the “profile” tab, you can now view your most vital statistics from XonStat without having to open a web browser. Lots of other menu options have moved to the forefront as well. All of these changes are to help you configure Xonotic to your taste easily.
- LICENSE TYPE:
- GPL (GNU General Public License)
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Team Xonotic
- USER RATING:
- ROOT \ Games \ Action
It is the direct successor of Nexuiz, a fast-paced, intense and chaotic multiplayer first-person shooter game that focuses on providing basic, old-style deathmatch gameplay. Xonotic’s game mechanics and teamplay are very similar to those of the popular Unreal Tournament game.
Includes 18 maps, 16 full weapons and 9 core weapons
Xonotic is a well-done FPS game that really makes the Quake and Unreal Tournament games proud. It includes 18 official maps, but the player can easily add additional maps from the community channels, especially maps ported from Quake.
The game also includes 16 full weapons and 9 core weapons, each one designed with a secondary fire, in the style of Unreal Tournament, so you will be able to choose a different option for a given scenario.
Offers a HUD editor and integrated player statistics
The modular HUD (Heads-Up Display) editor is a really great feature, as players will be able to easily customize what they want to see on their screen. You will be able to do anything you want, add whiz-bang widgets, go minimalist, or stay with the default setup.
Another interesting feature it the ability to track your performance, thanks to the built-in statistics system, called XonStat. Players will be able to view game-level data like scoreboard results, view personal data, view wins and loses, average accuracies, as well as frag ratio.
The game features incredibly good graphics for an open source game and is on par with most commercial games from years 2006-2007. Xonotic provides a wide variety of weapons, rapid movement, as well as addictive, arena-style gameplay. It aims to become the best open source FPS game on the market!
Xonotic was reviewed by Marius Nestor, last updated on January 20th, 2015