Trolls Outta Luckland is a space shooter, a la Galaxian, Galaga, and such. Drive with the mouse.
Tested with: Python 2.5.4. Pygame 1.9.1.
Very interested in your impressions on the handling, difficulty, and performance.
Bugs and suggestions can be left here, on the project's home page, or the Pygame mailing list. Thanks for your time and interest.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fonts got a facelift.
· Fps class now uses font name.
· Changed Destroyer class to drop a load of slowly moving mines. Number of mines increase with game difficulty.
· Changed scoring for missiles to put them more in line with mines: shooting yields low score to discourage commendation farming; on-screen when completing level gives 5X the PATROL score to encourage some commendation boosting strategies; death gives nothing.
· Made enemy laser fire a little less aggressive. With lasers, missiles, mines, and ramming craft there is a lot going on during the peaks.
· Added F12, RMB, LMB, and Visible Pointer to HUD.
· High scores now have commas.
Changes for Pygame 1.8.1 compatibility:
· In enemy.py, powerups.py, ui.py, utils.py: replaced rect.copy() with pygame.Rect(rect).
· In gumm_sound.py: replaced mixer.pre_init(buffer=1024) with mixer.pre_init(0,0,0,1024).
· Narrowed song selection.
· Added ui.TextReader class for in-game Help and Credits.
· Fixed: Sky no longer layers planets behind galaxies.
· Fixed: utils.load_image(): using surface.copy() on a cached image no longer produces a copy with alpha=0. It now preserves the original alpha. (Bug in Surface.copy()?)