TANK@WAR is a solo and team-based multiplayer 3D online game dedicated to armored warfare set in the modern age.
Throw yourself into epic tank battles shoulder to shoulder with other tank commanders to dominate the world with tank supremacy!
The tank workshop offers a wide choice of tank parts to customize the tank to your needs.
Whether you prefer a fast and maneuverable tank, punch deep into enemy lines with all-purpose tank or use the power of heavy weapons to annihilate opposing forces.
Play the game with your friends in Team Deathmatch mode or solo your way to domination in Deathmatch mode.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Decal system; scorched earth, improved tank tracks, environment decals
· More particle effects; explosions, dust trails & smoke
· Level of detail system, for better performance
· Introducing tank kits: land mines, night vision and radar jammer
· Improved tank hangar, with a new look and a new slick metal track playing on the background
· Post processing effects
· Spectator camera, follow that bastard that shot you down previously, to get some insight in his play style
· In game sound / control options (graphical options only available in main menu)
· Some other graphical improvements
· An authentication server that players log into to play on any server afterwards, instead of registering for each server independently
· We switched to the cAudio sound library, from irrKlang so more platforms are supported (inc. Linux 64-bit) and because it has better licensing
· Show the most valuable player (MVP) on the end of the game
· Using the latest Irrlicht version from trunk, noticeable FPS increase
· Server messages: You were kicked/banned/disconnected from the server
· New Destroyed tank models
· Added ability to choose audio device for sound output
· Improved normal/bump map shader
· Improved textures
· Added Bump maps to rocks and trees
· Fixed random tree generation
· Better looking tree billboards (using imposters)
· Improved hit indicator
· Fade in/out effects, transitions (e.g. on damage impact)
· More Camouflage options
· New secondary weapon models
· Improved visuals for weapons
· Ingame access to tank workshop -> tank switching
· Cloud & weather system
· No more restart required after changing some video options
· Improved networking = less lag
· Lots of small changes, improvements and bug fixes