Doryen Arena is a sub-project of the Chronicles of Doryen, which goal is to help to improve the melee fighting system.
In other words, it's a text-mode real time tactical combat game. Face dozens of different creatures, each with its own strengths and weaknesses, choose your weapons and skills and pray to survive up to the next tournament level...
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· added arena shadow
· added challenge game modes
· your last hit eject the creature's corpse
· corpses bleed for a few seconds
· creatures become yellow when their health is low
· new skill effects : "rush" "metamorphose" "summon"
· new creatures : "gnoll abherration" "baby spider"
· new creature skills : "gnoll's war shout" "gnoll's bite" "transformation" "cauterization" "gestation"
· new player skill : "rush"
· some particularly dangerous skills make the creature flash like a ticking bomb (transformation and gestation)
· burning creatures have yellow/red varying colors
· added vi-keys layout support % the gnoll has been replaced by a gnoll shaman, who can metamorphose into a deadly three headed abherration, so you'd better kill him quickly % the giant spider can give birth to baby spiders % uses libtcod 1.4 path finding % replaced rty/fh/vbn controls by ert/dg/cvb to accomodate qwertz keyboards
· fixed Gandalf's quote crashing the death screen
· fixed possible crash when a weapon breaks
· fixed bug in victory/death screen fading effect
· fixed death screen voxel landscape unfolding only the first time
· fixed creatures casting bar starting at 200%
· fixed parry/teleport/interrupt effect used as standard effects when set as adrenalin ones
· fixed cumulated wounds/weakness leading to negative hp/stamina stats
· fixed creatures stuck in a corner after chasing the spectator