Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye description
Secret agent Dirk Dashing is back for a brand new mission!
Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye is an action game for Linux, Windows and MacOS platforms.
After a wicked computer virus destroys G.O.O.D's new computer network, agent Dirk Dashing must track down the cyber criminal responsible for the attack. His mission leads him to a massive global corporation, owned by one of the wealthiest men in the world. Help Dirk avoid security systems, evade guards, and solve all-new puzzles to stop a diabolical new plot by E.V.I.L mastermind, Dr. Ego!
When you pre-order, you will get:
- A download link to the "full" version beta of the game, with all completed levels
- Free updates as I finish each new part of the game, with new levels, new features, and bug fixes
- A free copy of the $5 strategy guide, which will be available after the game is completed
Here are some key features of "Dirk Dashing 2: E.V.I.L Eye":
- No blood, no gore, no fist-fights, no gratuitous violence of any kind - Dirk uses tranquilizer darts, knockout gas grenades, and other non-lethal means to defeat his enemies!
- Improved graphics, with lighting effects and cel shading!
- A new inventory system, so you can pick up multiple weapons and gadgets, carry them with you, and use them whenever you want!
- A new health system, so Dirk can take multiple hits before he dies (no more instant death)!
- New moves, including the ability to climb ladders and hang from wires and pipes!
- An all-new soundtrack with spy music that perfectly fits the game!
- Play using keyboard, joystick, or game pad!
- Ability to save your game progress at any point!
- In-game instructions to get you started!
- glibc 2.4 or later
- 1.0 GHz processor or better
- 128 MB RAM
- OpenGL-compatible card
- 30 MB free hard disk space
- The game is currently available for pre-ordering. When you pre-order, you will receive a download link to the "full" version beta. I say "full" in quotation marks, because the game is not done yet. Currently the "full" beta contains Part 1 and Part 2 of the 5-part story. As I finish each part of the story, I will provide an updated beta to all pre-ordering customers that contains the new levels, new features, bug fixes, etc. Pre-ordering will help me pay the bills so I can concentrate on finishing the game.
- Default to Windowed mode on Linux
- Night vision goggles are now introduced in level 2, so all of Dirk's stealth tactics are available from the start of the game
- Lots of little changes to all levels to balance gameplay
- Guards now shoot blindly in the dark at anything they hear (Normal & Hard skill levels)
- Lots of bug fixes and tweaks to polish gameplay