Dark Horizons: Lore Demo is the first persistent universe mech-style team-based war game for Linux.
Lore's fast paced action and richly textured universe will thrill even die hard mech fans. Players are thrust into a massive Cold War as three superpowers are fighting for ultimate control.
DH: Lore Invasion puts the player into the very mind of the most lethal war machines ever to engage combat in the war-torn Earth of 2155. Connected by a remote neural link, you control your Mechanized Assault Vehicle (MAV) in a squad of allied warriors while seeking to claim soil for the faction to which youve pledged your allegiance. Can you lead your people to peace in a harsh universe where reflexes and nerves of steel are the touchstones of victory? Or will your enemy overpower you with superior resolve and unrelenting firepower? How will you write the Lore of the future?
Here are some key features of "Dark Horizons Lore Demo":
· In-game IRC style chat
· dedicated server for Windows, Mac, and Linux
· non-stat reporting gameplay allowing players to play either faction without affecting their statistics or rank.
· Arena style maps for 1 on 1 or small squad combat
· Offline mission editor
· Community events (i.e. training, major offenses)
· In-game news feeds
· PU: Pentium III 733 or equivalent
· Memory: 256MB RAM
· Video: ATI or NVIDIA video card with 32 MB memory and proprietary
· vendor OpenGL drivers (GeForce 2 or better recommended)
· Sound: Linux compatible sound card
· Disk: 300 MB hard drive space
· Internet: 56K modem access
What's New in This Release:
· the game price has been eliminated... it will now cost nothing to download the full version!
· a new installer for the game has been created for those who have had issues with the Loki installer
· official support is at an end, however community generated patches (non-engine only) will come from the Skunkworks mod team
· all Linux gamers can utilize this key: RYD6-B2AM-6K6C-MRY4 to play the full version