A massive ocean world, teeming with life and filled with ancient secrets. Join Naija, a lone underwater dweller in search of her family, as she explores the depths of Aquaria. She'll travel from hidden caves, shrouded in darkness, to beautiful, sunlit oases, all lovingly handcrafted by its two creators.
Naija has the gift of the Verse. By singing songs, she can weave this force to change the waters around her. With each song Naija learns comes new abilities. With powerful songs, Naija is able to change form, giving players many options as to how to play the game.
And with Aquaria's intuitive mouse-only control system, it's as easy to make Naija swim gracefully through the waters as it is to have her cast spells, sing, and engage in combat with the numerous dangerous creatures that inhabit Aquaria's waters.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Real splash screen in the installer and game icon for desktop.
· Build of OpenAL shipped with the game now supports ALSA, OSS, and PulseAudio, in case user specified one of these in their config file.
· Game will still use SDL for output by default.
· Fixed music track getting stuck at end of Mithalas Cathedral.
· Will no longer overwrite existing screenshots when taking a new one.
· Fixed OpenAL errors when stopping certain sounds.
· Took out the "we'll use more RAM" warning.
· Fixed several crashes in the audio subsystem.
· Fixed more filename case issues (song door in the Sun Temple now exists as you'd expect).