ASCIIpOrtal is a text based puzzle game in which you overcome obstacles by using portals. Grab your hand-held portal device and enter the test chambers for a non-euclidean good time.
If they player or any object passes through one portal way-point it will seamlessly exit the other. Since both way-points are the same point on the map the player's view through the portal reflects this and space warps around you as you pass through the portal.
From the main menu you can choose to 'Begin' from the first map, 'Select Level' to visit any level you've already beaten, 'Change Map Set' to load a new set of levels from any map set subdirectory in your ASCIIpOrtal directory, Read the 'Instructions', view the map set's 'Credits', or 'Quit' the game.
The game is still in heavy development. For the latest version please check the home page!
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Controls finally fixed to react instantly. For real this time.
· Original levels reduced from 50 to 25. Extra levels moved to their own pack.
· 4 default musics available for custom map makers.
· Visual effect added when portals change.
· "Next" for portal gun increments when portal is created.
· Key to turn off all portals ('C') added.
· Game speed is now variable.
· Code hopefully compiles nativly for dingoo and GP2X devices.
· There is a known issue involving mouse movement being caught as input.