nhtsclient is a ncurses-based client for the multiplayer trading game Holsham Traders.
nhtsclient is a ncurses-based client for Holsham Traders. In the game you are a trader and send your transporters around and try to make as much money as possible by buying and selling goods.
· htsserver 0.5.9 or better.
· The ncurses library.
· libmikmod 3.1.7 or better (for optional sound support).
· GLib 1.3.2 or better.
What's New in This Release:
· The version number jumped from 0.5.1 to 0.5.9, so that we are in sync with htsserver...
· nhtsclient now requires GLib 1.3.2, htsserver 0.5.9, a recent ncurses and libmikmod >= 3.1.7 for optional sound support.
· Please read the installation instructions in the README!
· We now use autoconf 2.49c and the latest CVS automake.
· Logging to stderr is not possible anymore, as it destroys the ncurses screen, which is not what we want. But you can still log to a file.
· Rewrite of the logging code from scratch. We now use the GLib functions g_message(), g_warning() and g_error().
· Removed the commandline arguments --verbosity and --logdest and the respective config file options.
· Comply to the FHS.
· Added configure options --with-configfile, --with-logfile and --with-datadir.
· Rewrite from scratch of the config file parser using GLib's g_scanner*.
· We use htsprotocol 0.4.6 now.
· We handle a lot more server commands now.
· Many documentation updates. Added nhtsclient.conf(5) manpage.
· There's support for configurable colors in the configfile now. The format of the configfile changed. See nhtsclient.conf(5).
· Added commandline options --host, --port, --configfile, --logfile and --datadir.
· Commandline options take precedence before their configfile equivalents now.
· Heavy code restructuring, rewriting and beautifying. Many other internal changes.
· Print a warning if we use another version of htsprotocol than the server we connect to.
· Sound support is optional now, i.e. libmikmod is not absolutely necessary anymore.
· Fixed several format string vulnerabilities and lots of other bugs.
· There are a lot more changes. See ChangeLog for details.