Thunder&Lightning is an Open Source Action Flight Simulator Game.
Thunder&Lightning is the new name of a rather old project of me, Jonas Eschenburg. What started in 1999 as a technology demonstration has become quite an advanced flight simulator.
This has always been my pet project but now I'm going to release it to the public, under the GPL, an Open Source license. This means that development can continue including other people than just myself. While it is already playable, Thunder&Lightning is by no means a finished game. If you like it, think about contributing!
In the long run, I plan to incorporate features from the 80's classics Carrier Command and Midwinter. There will be multiple Islands to conquer, each with its own defense strategy. Thunder&Lightning will not be mission oriented, but there will be scripted events for each island.
· Linux OS, Kernel 2.6
· 1GHz or better Intel Pentium III or AMD Athlon processor
· OpenGL-capable graphics card (e.g. NVidia GeForce II onwards)
· 256MB RAM
What's New in This Release:
· A C++-implemented matrix class provides a significant speed boost in Io scripting
· A profiling graph (enabled with F12) shows performance history
· Bugfix: execute TnL from writable directory to keep CEGUI from crashing when trying to write CEGUI.log
· Bugfix: it is no longer possible to select oneself as a target
· Autopacke statically links to libGLEW and libSigC++, no longer depends on libedit