The Space Opera program is a turn based space exploration game.
Here are some key features of "Space Opera":
· Start with one colony ship.
· Play against 1-20 computer opponents.
· The galaxy has from 5 to 200 stars, most of them with colonizeable planets.
· Colonize planets and improve your colonies with currently about 50 different buildings.
· Build fleets of strong and fast ships out of over 30 components.
· Research more than 50 technologies.
· Attack computer opponents.
· Difficulty levels range from kindergarden to impossible.
· version 1.4.1 or later of the Java Runtime Environment
· version 2.1.1 of the Java Media Framework (sound and animations)
· a Xerxes 1 or 2 installation (XML support)
1) Create a working directory like
2) Store the SpaceOpera.jar and the SpaceOpera_Resources.jar
files in this working directory.
Unpack the SpaceOpera_Resources.jar file. This will produce the
Run the Space Opera from the jar-file:
1) The java command does not resolve the classpath completely when running a jar-file, therefore you must copy the JMF and Xerces Libraries to a special directory:
1a) Create a subdirectory, e.g. homelorenzspaceoperaext
1b) Copy the following files to this directory.
2) Enter the following command:
java -jar SpaceOpera.jar (with JRE 1.4 +)
This will run the game. Enjoy!
What's New in This Release:
· added Toolbar
· new function: set ship orders
· show events