OpenLander Preview 2
OpenLander is a Free 'Lunar Lander' style game, in 3D.
OpenLander is written in Python using the Soya3D game engine.
This game has really been made possible by the Soya3D engine; I don't know if I'd have got this far without it. It makes 3D programming very natural and Pythonic. The excellent selection of tutorials and the open nature of the engine's sourcecode have helped greatly in making the development of this game as rapid and straightforward as it has been.
The game is currently licensed under the GPLv2 license.
- Texture mapped 3D environment
- Flying camera
- Newtonian style physics, including semi-realistic collisions
- Lighting, with shadows
- Animated engine exhaust
- Engines kick up dust from the ground
- Vehicle spotlight for illuminating dark places
- Laser cannon kicks up smoke where it hits
- Exploding ships if crashed too many times, or hit by laser fire.
- Simple hovering AI, to give you something to shoot at.