Fight Win Prevail 0.0.8
Fight Win Prevail (or FWP for short) is a hobbyist multiplayer first person shooter.
Gameplay lies somewhere between the Mechwarrior-series and Quake 3. It is faster and more action-orientated than in Mechwarrior, but tries to avoid the 'jump-around-like-crazy-and-fire-at-everything-that-moves'-gameplay known from Quake 3.
Fight Win Prevail is a pure multiplayer game and does not have a real singleplayer mode. Our primary target are LANs, but the game is playable over the internet, too.
Here are some key features of "Fight Win Prevail":
· Good graphics, physics, sound, and gameplay (for a hobbyist game)
· Multiplayer over TCP/IP
· 3 types of vehicles with individual characteristics (mechs, hovercrafts, and helicopter-like aircrafts)
· Distinct weapon types (classical projectile weapons, beam weapons, ballistic weapons, etc.)
· Distinct map types (from close combat indoor maps to large landscapes)
· An extendable set of vehicles, weapons, and maps
· 4 game modes (deathmatch, team deathmatch, sole survivor, team survivor)
· OGRE >= 1.0.0 (with plugins OctreeSceneManager, ParticleFX, CgProgramManager, and RenderSystemGL)
· CEGUI >= 0.2.0 (with GUIRenderer for OGRE)
· ODE >= 0.5 (no trimesh support needed)
· SDL >= 1.2.5
· SDL_net >= 1.2.5
· SDL_mixer >= 1.2.5
What's New in This Release:
· Moved to OGRE 1.2 and CEGUI 0.4.0
· Added one new vehicle and two new weapons
· Improved HUD a bit