Fight Win Prevail (or FWP for short) is a hobbyist multiplayer first person shooter. Fight Win Prevail is set in an imaginary universe where fearless pilots fight to the death with their futuristic vehicles.
Gameplay lies somewhere between the Mechwarrior-series and Quake 3. It is faster and more action-orientated than in Mechwarrior, but tries to avoid the 'jump-around-like-crazy-and-fire-at-everything-that-moves'-gameplay known from Quake 3.
Fight Win Prevail is a pure multiplayer game and does not have a real singleplayer mode. Our primary target are LANs, but the game is playable over the internet, too.
Here are some key features of "Fight Win Prevail":
· Good graphics, physics, sound, and gameplay (for a hobbyist game)
· Multiplayer over TCP/IP
· 3 types of vehicles with individual characteristics (mechs, hovercrafts, and helicopter-like aircrafts)
· Distinct weapon types (classical projectile weapons, beam weapons, ballistic weapons, etc.)
· Distinct map types (from close combat indoor maps to large landscapes)
· An extendable set of vehicles, weapons, and maps
· 4 game modes (deathmatch, team deathmatch, sole survivor, team survivor)
· OGRE >= 1.0.0 (with plugins OctreeSceneManager, ParticleFX, CgProgramManager, and RenderSystemGL)
· CEGUI >= 0.2.0 (with GUIRenderer for OGRE)
· ODE >= 0.5 (no trimesh support needed)
· SDL >= 1.2.5
· SDL_net >= 1.2.5
· SDL_mixer >= 1.2.5
What's New in This Release:
· Moved to OGRE 1.2 and CEGUI 0.4.0
· Added one new vehicle and two new weapons
· Improved HUD a bit