FACHODA Complex project is a fast air combat simulator.
Fachoda Complex is a little game I wrote about 10 years ago. I coded this in 3 or 4 months while I was iddle. I was young and brave, then, but had never learned to code cleanly.
Sounds is now broken. It worked on Gravis Ultrasound. The game requires a Pentium with MMX, and Nasm. Disable sound with -nosound, try -xcolor or the SDL version when experiencing troubles with colors.
This is old work. I will never upgrade this code, but I will certainly, one day, code another flight simulator. I even started then stopped already... Someone suggested me to add a reverse gear to the plane, and I will then incorporate this idea, and many more...
· NASM - The Netwide Assembler
· X11 Libs or
What's New in This Release:
· The source code is now available.
· Some planes were added.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· An improved flight model (more engine power; can now loop and stall).
· Reworked keyboard controls.
· If you previously redefined your keys you must delete your $(HOME)/.fachoda-keys and redefine them again.
· Displays in-game messages longer. Makes the game menu easier to use.
· Adds small dots on the ground as a visual indication that it's near.
· Makes the game playable from the source directory.
· Adds a caption to some views.
· Allows you to exit the game by closing the window or Ctrl+C.
· Suppresses frightening but harmless error messages.
· Fixes many small bugs here and there.