Eat The Whistle 3.6
Eat The Whistle is an opensource soccer game.
The original Amiga version has been made portable with the help of the SDL library, now ETW runs on a wide range of machines, the site will keep precompiled binaries for Win32, Linux, MacOSX, AmigaOS, but it's possible to adapt it to run on every platform supported by SDL.
- System friendly. Run in a window or fullscreen, can be played also on old machines (runs pefectly on a P200).
- World cup, leagues, cups with real teams (with slightly modified names).
- Time synchronized, faster CPU get faster framerate but not faster gameplay.
- Can be played through keyboard or joypad/joysticks (USB or Gameport).
- Network playing through TCP/IP (not yet finished).
- Very intuitive control method with acceleration/deceleration.
- More than 550 frames of animations for the players, 300 for the goalkeeper, 100 for the refree and a lot of other graphics.
- 30 different fields, including muddy, frozen and wet (actually only one included in the demo version to contain the archive size).
- Fouls, corners, throw-in with an intuitive control system.
- Role playing. (You can play a match as the whole team or only as a player).
- About every thing in the game is configurable via intuitive menus.
- Game Tactics and tactic editor.
- Heading and other special shots with intuitive controls.
- Team players (with individual stats) and team editor (the editor is actually available only for AmigaOS).
- Import SWOS teams.
- Arcade-like actions for "arcade mode" (powerups, bonuses... something like speedball II).
- Replays (with load/save option).
- Spoken comment (actually broken).