Canta is a caraoke-like game for kids, with educational claim.
Canta is a platform-independent karaoke (singstar-like) Game. You have to sing to songs and the game shows you if you are hit the notes and at the end you see your skill-level.
But its goal is more educational, so you see (if included to the song) the notes you have to sing. But you can naturally also just have fun with it.
Canta is released under the GNU General Public License.
Here are some key features of "Canta":
Voice Pitch Recognition:
· As you sing into the microphone, your voice is analyzed and displayed on screen. Sing correct notes for a higher score.
· Canta uses the Soya3D game engine. Create themes or customize songs in a 3D environment. See Songs and Themes for examples.
· Canta is entirely written in the Python Programming Language and runs (at least theoretically) on GNU/Linux, MacOS and Windows systems. Canta is known to run on Windows (XP and Vista), Ubuntu 8.04 and Gentoo GNU/Linux systems.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fix crash if you played a song and then pressed the quit button.
· Fix crash when changing language settings.