AstroMenace project is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities. You can improve your ship configuration by installing new weapons, defensive systems, power stations and much more.
To improve your ship, you must earn money by destroying throngs of enemies on every level. A friendly interface, easy controls, and fancy 3D graphics will bring you straight into the heart of galactic war. Enjoy!
· libSDL (ver 1.2.6+)
· libopenal (ver 1.0+)
· libalut (ver 1.0+)
· libogg (ver 1.1+)
· libvorbis (ver 1.1+)
· libvorbisfile (ver 1.1+)
· libjpeg (ver 6b+)
· Linux OS with 2.6+ kernel.
· CPU 1+ GHz
· 128 MB RAM
· 3D acceleration video card with OpenGL and 32+ MB on board
What's New in This Release:
· Game source code is available, released under dual license, see site.
· Availability of all resolutions supported by the user's graphics card, including non-standard ones.
· Added an ability to select a joystick (by editing the settings file) if several joysticks are connected.
· Added an ability to change the keyboard layout (by editing the settings file) regardless of the selected in-game language.
· 2D graphics rendering mechanism has been improved. Optimization of texture rendering has been added.
· Rendering of 3D objects has been optimized for graphic cards supporting OpenGL 1.5 and above.
· RAM management has been improved. RAM usage has been decreased.