AstroMenace is a modern 3D scrolling space shooter with ship upgrade possibilities.
To improve your ship, you must earn money by destroying throngs of enemies on every level. A friendly interface, easy controls, and fancy 3D graphics will bring you straight into the heart of galactic war. Enjoy!
· libSDL (ver 1.2.6+)
· libopenal (ver 1.0+)
· libalut (ver 1.0+)
· libogg (ver 1.1+)
· libvorbis (ver 1.1+)
· libvorbisfile (ver 1.1+)
· libjpeg (ver 6b+)
· Linux OS with 2.6+ kernel.
· CPU 1+ GHz
· 128 MB RAM
· 3D acceleration video card with OpenGL and 32+ MB on board
What's New in This Release:
· Game source code is available, released under dual license, see site.
· Availability of all resolutions supported by the user's graphics card, including non-standard ones.
· Added an ability to select a joystick (by editing the settings file) if several joysticks are connected.
· Added an ability to change the keyboard layout (by editing the settings file) regardless of the selected in-game language.
· 2D graphics rendering mechanism has been improved. Optimization of texture rendering has been added.
· Rendering of 3D objects has been optimized for graphic cards supporting OpenGL 1.5 and above.
· RAM management has been improved. RAM usage has been decreased.