Arcus game is a Rubik's Cube Simulator that was written in Java. Due to Java technology, it can run on a wide range of platforms, including UNIX/Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and many others.
Arcus – which is a standalone Java application – has an applet version called Arcus Applet, that can be embedded in a html page providing a nice viewport of a Rubik's Cube.
Here are some key features of "Arcus":
· 3D display of the cube, including animated rotations and layer turns.
· Besides solving the cube (that is, from any pattern getting to the state with one color on each side), Arcus is able to get from any pattern to any other goal pattern, which is a more general task.
· 3D Pattern Editor to specify the goal pattern.
· Pattern Store to gather and store pretty patterns.
· Keeping track of each turn, allowing the user to bidirectionally walk through the cube's history.
· Easily configurable Look and Feel, colors, mouse behaviour, etc. Most of the changes take effect immediately.
· Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0
What's New in This Release:
· An annoying bug preventing the removal of an Instance has been fixed.
· A new Russian translation has been added.