Star Wars: Imperial Winter Closed Beta
Real time strategy in the Star Wars universe
Set in the troubled post-Return of the Jedi era, SW:IW features over a hundred units for the fractured Galactic Empire and Rebel Alliance fighting for control of the galaxy.
* Asymmetrical balance: the two factions are very different from each other;
* Total Annihilation-style constant resource system: you do not have to pay upfront for any units, but if you run out of resources by spending more than you are receiving your entire production infrastructure will fail;
* Realistic weapon physics: every single projectile's path is realistically calculated, meaning your men can hide behind a hill from enemy laser fire but not from an artillery cannon!
* Other secret features you'll just have to wait to see!
* All the units you'd expect: Stormtroopers, TIE Fighters, X-Wings, stealthy Rebel Commandos, walkers, and more;
* Special infantry such as Imperial Royal Guards, Wookiees, Mon Calamari commandos, and Bothan spies;
* "Reactivated" Battle droids in Imperial service;
* Many repulsorlift tanks from various Expanded Universe sources;
* And others!
Note: Some units, such as Jedi/Sith and AT-AT walkers, will not be initially available because of the balance issues they bring. We must first develop the lower-level units before we can implement such strong units.