Really Rather Good Battles In Space 1.14
A real time strategy game with fleets of spaceships.
Single player real time strategy game following the fall of the great Argonian empire.
1. Extract the archive to wherever you want to install the game. It will create a directory named "rrgbis".
2. Go into the "rrgbis" directory and type "make squirrel && make", and then hit enter.
3. Run the game by typing ./rrgbis
4. If you want to put binary somewhere different to the game data, edit the settings file to point to the data location and then put the settings file in ~/rrgbis and the binary wherever you want to.
5. If you have a particularly old video card then when you first start the game select "options" from the main menu and then change "Texture size" to "Low". If you have a pretty good video card (at least 64MB video memory) then you can change texture size to "High". The default of "Medium" is for cards with around 32MB of video memory. If the game still runs too slowly even with texture size reduced to "Low", go into the options menu again and reduce the screen resolution to 800*600.
- a short but relatively polished single player campaign
- pretty (albeit 2d) graphics
Really Rather Good Battles In Space
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fix regression that meant it didn't compile under Linux
- Add detailed line-by-line compile and install instructions for Ubuntu