Railz project is a Railroad Tycoon-style RTS game.
Railz is a railway strategy/management game based upon the jfreerails source code base. The project is still in the development, stage and has not yet reached a complete feature set. The game is based on a client-server architecture and will be multi-player.
· JDK 1.4.2 or later
To compile, either go to the directory src, and type:
# javac -source 1.4 org/railz/launcher/Launcher.java org/railz/server/scripting/*.java
# java org/railz/launcher/Launcher
What's New in This Release:
· New graphics for Norris and Grasshopper trains.
· Train status icon. Fixes to "out of water" calculations, Norris not being made
· available in 1837, default engineType graphics for new engineTypes. Code to
· allow new maps to be added without further code changes.
· 6 P3 FIX Top-down engine gfx are just black rectangles
· 11 P3 FIX freight and passenger revenues are not separated
· 25 P3 FIX Station cargo delivery doesn't account for multiple stations
· 9 P3 FIX too easy to accidentally build track by clicking on map
· 41 P2 FIX ImageManager exposes file locations to rest of client
· 43 P2 FIX small_south_america map does not work
· 44 P2 FIX New game from Game Menu causes extra tabs to be loaded in...
· 7 P4 NEW Help and Build Menus missing accelerators
· 8 P5 NEW train schedule dialog doesn't sccale gracefully
· 12 P4 NEW tidy up build menu
· 14 P4 NEW when in build mode, should be able to see build cost
· 21 P5 ASSI dialogs no longer need close buttons
· 23 P4 NEW Select station dialog needs improving
· 26 P4 NEW Urban areas should grow over time
· 27 P4 NEW MapLayerRenderer doesn't expose the right methods
· 28 P4 ASSI Game world objects contain non-internationalised strings
· 42 P3 ASSI Memory leak in networking code