Rail World project is a 2-D train simulation game.
Rail World is a railroad train simulation game designed to bring the features of model railroading to the desktop using actual aerial or satellite photographs as the backdrop for maps.
You can control multiple trains, switches, load/unload cargo, and more.
Here are some key features of "Rail World":
· Use actual aerial photographs or satellite images as the basis for maps.
· Manage multiple trains as a conductor.
· Drive trains using throttle and brake as an engineer.
· Grapple with realistic physics, including stopping distance and collisions.
· Set switches and specific train routing.
· Load and unload cargo.
· Java 1.5
What's New in This Release:
· NEW SCRIPT: Fuel
· IMPROVED: Faster performance and less memory usage!
· IMPROVED: Applets now can set the signal program, although they see an ugly window (KNOWN ISSUE from 0.7)
· IMPROVED: Whole new applet startup interface allows applets to select map and scripts
· IMPROVED: Train operations (reverse, split, join) no longer re-arrange the train list
· IMPROVED: Train consist now shown in order, doesn't shift around
· IMPROVED: Quit/save dialogs now have reasonable button labels
· ADDED: Curve segments!
· ADDED: StreamSound system for sound alignment
· ADDED: User options and savable preferences
· ADDED: New "reverse" signal in the signal programs script
· CHANGED: Mini viewer looks slightly different now
· CHANGED: Spring switch plugin more efficient; may not work with saved games from previous version
· FIXED: Possible problem with arrow keys in map editor causing segments to dis-align