Open Source real-time strategy game
Quantum is written in Java so you need to have that installed. The minimum version required is 1.5, for maximum speed you should use the latest version. Quantum was tested on Windows Xp/Vista and Linux (Ubuntu 8.04) and should run without problems. For maximum eyecandy you should also have a graphics card supporting OpenGL 2.0 or shader model 3. If you can't make any sense of that gibberish you'll know if the game looks like crap.
To play the game download it from the link given above, extract it and double click the file quantum.jar. You can get future updates automatically by using the check for updates button in the main menu. If you can't find a human oponent just create a new game vote for a map you'd like to play and add as many bots as you like. If you are not satisfied with the bot you can script your own. just look into the file bots.txt in the games folder. Don't forget to play the Tutorial!
- Single- and Multiplayer mode over Lan and the Internet
- Automatic Server discovery
- A simple in-game map editor
- Scriptable bots with beanshell
- Simple recording and playback of battles
- Thousands of creatures at your command
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed bug in creature behaviour.
- Fixed bug in handling corrupt map files.