OpenRTS is an open source realtime strategy game. OpenRTS game features isometric graphics, networked multiplayer and single-player scenarios. The game is being developed using Python and SDL.
Here are some key features of "OpenRTS":
· Creating an exciting realtime strategy gameplay is the goal of the project.
· Isometric graphics, using an improvement called isometric mouse maps. See the Screenshots.
· Networked multiplayer using a client/server architecture.
· Single-player scenarios for skirmish games.
What's New in This Release:
· Network game support using the Twisted framework, new animations and selection of multiple units, support for psyco just-in-time compolation, improved path finding using Astar, and many bugfixes.
· New translations to Norwegian and German were included.