Homeworld SDL project is a Linux port of the Homeworld code released by Relic. It is still in a very early state, and many of the features (and stability) of the Windows version are not yet implemented.
· A copy of the original Windows version of Homeworld, patched to version 1.05
· 233 MHz Pentium II or better x86-based CPU
· OpenGL-compatible 3D accelerator card
· glibc 2.2 or later for the binary version
· GCC 3.3 or later and SDL 1.2 or later for compiling from source
What's New in This Release:
· Homeworld SDL playable on Windows
· converted Bink .avi movie playback
· fixed: NIS sequences getting chopped up a bit.
· fixed: menu buttons missing text after a resolution change
· fixed: mouse cursor now aligns with movement disc when using resolutions with a widescreen aspect ratio
· fixed: saving of user preferences; more multiplayer settings remembered.